Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Since this is my second week at St. Andrews I have started to pick up and teach a couple of lessons a day.  This week I started with Social Studies and taught a lesson on rules and their purpose.  I was also in charge of the homework block.  I am also in charge of a small group that I pull out during Language Arts time.  This group is challenging in that these students are primarily Spanish speaking and are having trouble with the foundations of the English language.  The teacher is allowing me to design my own instruction for these students.  On Monday I began by review letters and sounds and had the students brainstorm words that began with those letters.  Today I introduced a variety of blends.  I read a book to the students and had them identify various blends within the text.  I'm enjoying interacting with the students and am grateful for the opportunity to teach.

No comments:

Post a Comment