Thursday, April 25, 2013

I apologize for the lack of posts this week.  It's just so hard to make myself sit down and document everything when there is so much going on.  This week has basically been the equivalent to a solo week in the U.S. with student teaching.  My teacher has been covering for another class all week and I have had the kiddos to myself.  It has definitely been a challenge, but has been so rewarding.  It is going to be so hard to leave my kids, I've become so attached in just a short time.  One of my students asked if she could take a picture with me so that I would never forget her and remember her for forever.  Classroom management has been a struggle, but the students are so eager to learn and want to share everything.  I've taught everything from scripture, telling time, adjectives, reading comprehension, rights and responsibilities, simple machines, volleyball, and art.  I think I'm becoming a very well-rounded person.  I feel so much more comfortable and prepared.  I sat down with the other infant II teachers and planned out next week's lessons, which gave me more insight on how they plan, such as their format, standards, resources, etc. I feel like I am becoming part of the staff as I am interacting with other faculty and sharing ideas with them. Tomorrow, I get the honor to be a judge in the school spelling bee.  I am so excited!  Four of my students will be in the contest and I am anxious to see how they do.  After the spelling bee tomorrow, my class is going on a field trip to a book launch. 

This week has been great! After work Carly and I have just enjoyed the small town life.  We pick a new restaurant to try each night and we often meet up with different friends to just socialize and hang out.  It's like being on summer break here. We are actually going over to our friend Diane's house to have dinner tonight.  We have also done a little souvenir shopping and I am almost done. I don't want to give anything away, so I will leave it at that.  On a wild note, I held and took a picture with a parrot named Flayva today.  I'm getting so bold and adventurous. 

Fun festivities are in store for this weekend and I probably won't post until Monday.  Carly and I are spending the afternoon at the waterpark tomorrow with some friends.  Tomorrow evening we are going to watch our friend Raul play college basketball in Belize City for Galen University.  Then on Saturday we are leaving for our paradise getaway, Placencia.  We will be spending the night and returning on Sunday evening. We plan to do some snorkeling and relaxing on the beach. 


No comments:

Post a Comment